I’m so pleased to get back to my blog after a long absence – life does have a way of intruding on the fun stuff!
And I’m thrilled that I’m hosting the Block of the Month for the Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild. It’s October’s block – Pixel Strips.
So here we go:
October Pixel Strips
- makes a 12 1/2″ unfinished block
- use 1/4″ seams
- press seams open
- Open up each tube by removing the stitches from one seam, pick different seams in each tube to add variety to the final design. (You might recognize this technique if you were hit by the Scrappy Trip-Along craze earlier this year.)
- Remove the stitching from the fourth seam down on the left strip and the stitching from the third seam down on the right strip. Or divide one tube right in the middle.
- Cut four 2″ x 9″ strips of background fabric (mine is white), sew them to the four short color strips.
- Cut four 1 5/8″ x 12 1/2″ strips of background fabric, arrange between colored strips, sew strips together, press seams, square up block to 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2.”
And you’re done!
Please be sure to leave a comment or email me if you find an error with this tutorial, which is quite possible as this is my first.